Saturday, June 23, 2007

From one great showrunner to another...




Ron Moore, one of my favorite showrunners (he was an influental writer-producer for DEEP SPACE NINE, the best of all the STAR TREKs, and is currently working on the final season of the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA remake) recently wrote a lengthy post about David Chase, creator of THE SOPRANOS (and, I suppose, another one of my favorite showrunners).

Moore feels exactly the way I do about the last five minutes of THE SOPRANOS, one of the best series finales of all time. I've reposted his intro below, and it's worth heading over to his blog to read the rest:

http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/

June 11, 2007
The Sopranos Ends Perfectly

I will never forget the moment.

Terry and I sitting up in bed, in shock, the single word, "What?!" bursting loose from both our lips as black filled our TV screen and we briefly wondered if the cats had bumped the TiVo at the worst possible moment and destroyed the payoff to one of the most tension-filled moments of television we'd ever experienced. Then, the credits rolled by in silence and there was an exhalation of shock and amazement.

What had David Chase done? Oh my God, hit the jump back button and watch it again.

Yep, that's it. He really did it. The man has guts. No, that's not enough. The man has balls the size of Volkswagens.

No comments: